Sunday, July 28, 2013

We are just waiting!

We are getting ready for our baby girl.  I am due in a week and a half!

I feel like I am ready for her to come.  Physically, emotionally, etc.  Our house is finally organized (minus pictures on the walls), her clothes and blankets have all been washed and are ready to go.  She has enough bows and flower headbands to wear a different one every day for at least two weeks.

Our ward threw a baby shower for me this week.  It was so nice of them - I felt so loved and welcomed, even though we have only been here for a month.

Up until recently, I worried about having two kids at once.  How am I going to handle it/them?!  And let's face it, some days, I still do worry about how that is all going to work out.  But right now, I am just so excited!  I am feeling ready for this little one to come and join our family.  I feel like our family isn't complete any more - we are just waiting for her sweet spirit to come into our home.

Calder is such a sweet boy.  I am excited to see him as an older brother.  He has started giving my belly little kisses, telling me that he's giving the baby kisses.  He tells me that he gets to hold her, and share his toys, and that she is going to sleep a lot (I am trying to prepare him that she won't be ready to go and run and play with him when she comes.) I don't know how much he really understands, but he seems to grasp a lot.  Some days he seems worried about my growing belly, that there is no more room on my lap, and he senses a big change is coming.  But we talk about how I am still going to be his mommy, too, and then he seems to be fine.

Okay little girl....we are ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment