Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Wedding and Little Sahara

We took a quick trip out to Utah the end of March so we could be there at Jake and Lara's wedding.  Hooray!
Such a beautiful day!
So happy for them!  Photo Cred: Rebekah Whitesides
I love weddings! It was so nice to be in the Salt Lake Temple with them as they were sealed together.  We enjoyed seeing and catching up with lots of extended family at the wedding, luncheon, and reception later that evening.  That is definitely one thing that I miss about living far away from family - I miss all of the events where I can reconnect with all of my cousins, aunts, and uncles.

The day after the wedding, we went with my parents down to Little Sahara.  It is only a couple hours from their house, but I had never been there before.  We had a blast!

We had a giant sand dune right next to our campsite.
I forgot to bring sand toys, so we improvised with plastic cups. :)
I loved seeing the rolling sand dunes at Little Sahara.
We enjoyed being there with my parents. 
Campfire!
One of the favorite games was to run and jump off the top of the hill to see how far you could get.  Calder got some pretty good air a couple times. :)  We loved the soft landings in the sand.  Although, I think it took a couple baths before we got it all washed off.
After spending the night, we drove back to my parents, and then on up to Logan to see Craig's family.   We had arranged to get some family pictures with all of us.  My friend Jenny was so nice to drive down from Idaho Falls to take them for us.  She always does such a good job!  I tried to narrow it down, but these are my favorites!







I love the pictures that we got!  I think they turned out great!

After spending just a short couple days in Logan, we headed back to Salt Lake.  We stopped by Temple Square to show the kids the temple and the conference center.

Fun at Great Grandma Young's (and Megan's house)
Avery, Megan, and Carin came with us downtown.  
She always tried climbing into all of the fountains.
We took a tour of the conference center, since General Conference was coming up.
 Our tour guide was awesome!  She was so perfect for the kids.  She let us take our time in the areas where the kids were having fun, but didn't try to just stand there and impress us with her knowledge about the conference center, etc. She really made it a fun experience for all of us!
Aaaannnd Calder's hands are in his pants.  Awesome.
The kids recognized some of the paintings that they see in their scriptures.
The waterfall is always very cool. :)
More water...she can't stay away from it.
The tour guide took us up to the roof of the conference center.  It is beautiful up there!
It was such a fast trip, but it was so nice to be out in Utah with family again.  Not to mention the nonstop flights that made for really easy travelling, too.  :)  I could get used to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment