Monday, April 23, 2012

We've been busy

We've been busy around here lately.

Craig's second CFA test is a little over a month away, so he has hit the books hard studying like crazy (most days :)) He also had a birthday (Happy Birthday, Craig!  26 years old!).

Calder has been busy practicing walking! (again, most days. Some days, he hasn't wanted to walk at all.) We are proud of him!  (sorry for the flipped video, I don't know how to fix it...)



And while Craig has been studying, I have been working on a quiet book for Calder, and I finally finished it!  It took longer than I anticipated, but it gave me something to do, and was worth the effort. (I got ideas for the pages from a pattern my mom had, from quiet books my cousins recently made, and pinterest.)
Front Cover
First page.  The fish are stuck on with velcro, so they can be moved to different "bubbles" in the bowl.
Dog and frog pages.  The dog can be pulled out of his house, and the frog's tongue can snap onto the flies.
Corn and Barn page.  The corn husk unzips, and the barn doors open up to show finger puppets!

Shoe and Overalls pages.  Practice tying a shoe and buttoning buttons.
(Not sure why it is flipped...but I don't want to spend time to figure it out!)  Gumball Machine page - practice matching colors, and the number page.

Match the shapes to their outline.

5 comments:

  1. That turned out really cute! Good job! I may take some of your ideas for my next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quiet book is amazing. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sooooo cute!!! I actually just bought the stuff to make Cora a quiet book today!! ha ha...we must think alike. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so pay you to make Holden one of those books. I am not crafty like that at all. I love how you involved educational things (especially the little abacus). Its so fun to watch these little guys walking. Holden is just starting to barely take steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this post; I love the overall page! And I can't believe how old Calder is!

    ReplyDelete