Monday, April 29, 2013

Practice, practice

Now that it is getting warmer outside again, Calder is really getting into his bike.  He practices riding it all the time up and down the hall in our apartment.  It had been a while since we had taken him outside, so the last week or so, we have started going outside to ride his bike.  I am amazed at how fast he has picked up on it!

At first, he would just walk everywhere with his bike, so I wasn't too concerned about him wearing a helmet.  But after seeing him ride his bike today, I have decided that it is a necessity now.

(Please excuse the poor video quality and my constant encouragement!)
I love how he is starting to lift his feet and glide a little!  And how he practically runs, instead of walks with it now.  It amazes me how fast he learns, and how much he likes to practice, too!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Becca! That kid is starting to cruise on that bike! So, I was wondering what brand of bike that is. We've looked into getting Andy a bike like that, but the brands at our local REI are too tall for him. Which brings me to another question... how tall is Calder?

    Oh, and Congrats on the little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chelsea-
      It is the Strider brand. I think at the lowest point the seat measures 12 in from the ground. Calder has loved it- I would definitely recommend getting one if you are thinking about it!
      Calder was 36 in. tall at his last appointment a couple of months ago.
      Hope that helps!

      Delete