Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Birthday Party

I realized that I haven't posted anything about Calder's Birthday party.  So, even though it has been a month, here are a few pictures from his party.  (Mostly for my sake!)

This year, Calder is really into trains, cars, planes, balls, etc.  So I let him pick what he wanted his cake to be, and he chose a car.  So I kept it simple, but am pleased with how it turned out!  More than anything, Calder was so excited to eat the wheels of the car! They were oreos.
Calder's birthday cake and cupcakes
We had a little party with the family. Craig's parents and a few sisters were able to come, and my parents and Jared were able to come.  We had dinner, opened presents, had cake and ice cream, and enjoyed spending time together celebrating my big guy!

The Slagowskis gave him some cowboy boots, a cowboy hat, and a stick horse
The Maughans gave him his own phone and a new blanket
 Calder loved opening presents this year! He really is enjoying his new things.  He loves his new phone (it just has numbers that he can push, and little animations that go with each one) and he plays with his boots, hat, and stick horse - although he has yet to play with all of them at the same time. :)

We kept it small from us, and got him a bike helmet, a cube puzzle, and an abacus. (Yes, I am going to make sure my kids have excellent number sense!) He actually LOVES the abacus and puzzle.  He plays with them everyday.
Anxiously awaiting the cake
Here is a little video of the birthday song, blowing out candles, and him starting to eat his cupcake.

Although he was very delicate with his cupcake at first,  once all the frosting had been eaten off the top, he was more than happy to dive in a little more while he ate the oreos from his car cake.

2 comments:

  1. Great cake! Calder is so cute (and old).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I¡¦ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete